Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spain/Morroco Part I: Spain

8 days in Spain. Landed in Malaga and walked 14 miles to Fuengirola. Stayed there a night. Malaga was a pretty cool beach town and the weather was great that day. Sitting on the beach you get approached by people trying to sell you fake Ray-bans or watches, also Asian women offering foot massages for 5 euro. Moved on to Marbella for 2 days but the weather was cloudy and it rained some so it was a real mellow stay there. From there I headed to Tarifa, the southern tip of Spain where you can see Africa from the beach, only 14km in the distance. Tarifa was definitely my favorite place in Spain staying there 3 nights. The hostel I stayed at was real lively and I met a lot of cool internationals from all over. I even met 3 people from California that went to Cal Poly and they invited me for 2 nights to Canos de Meca which was the next stop. The thing about traveling alone without a set plan is that it really keeps your options open to be spontaneous. I went back to Tarifa after that and hungout with my new French friend Jaques while I waited to take a ferry over to Tanger, Morocco. The short story of my time in Morocco will be in the next blog titled Spain/Morocco Part II: Morocco. The pictures below are all from the time in Spain with some captions.

Malaga



















 View from the room in Fuengirola


 View from the room in Marbella






Marbella







 Tarifa















En route from Canos de Meca back to Tarifa





 Back in Tarifa again














2 comments:

  1. sweet deal man i am eager to hear about your other travels! i hope all is going well. skype sometime soon when you are not on vaca!

    ReplyDelete